Sore throat is one of the most annoying thing in this world. As an Asian eating rice is the basic thing I need to live but when I have sore throat Oh My God! Don't let me start how I struggle. Every bite of rice will hurt like I'm engulfing a lava. Other then eating, speaking was tough too.
Then, I read this magic recipe and I swear it cured my sore throat. Kimchi Jjigae is the magic recipe. "The more spicy it is the more beneficial it is" said my mother. She always give me spicy soups to drink when I have sore throat and kimchi is one of the soups.
Now moving on to the recipes
6. Chili flakes
9. Black pepper
Steps to cook
1. Add sesame oil or any vegetable oil in a pan and heat it up.
2. Add kimchi, minced onion and garlic. Stir until the onions' colour changes.
3. After 2 minutes, add chili flakes and gochujang according to your spice tolerance.
4.Stir well until everything is mixed well.
5. Add kimchi brine and vegetable stock in the pan. Stir well. After 2 minutes turn off the stove.
6. Boil tofu and mushroom in different pan. Simmer it once it has cooked well.
1. Take a bowl, add soup in first, then add tofu and mushroom on top. That's it simple kimchi jjigae is ready to be served.
The spicy kimchi in the soup made my throat better without me eating any medicine. I really believe that food is medicine. You do not need extra medicine when you have traditional remedy. But make sure if you feel like you have less antibiotic, please go to doctor.