Kimchi jjigae is a classic kimchi soup. Maybe now Koreans have created many new dishes but kimchi jjigae remains as special. Kimchi is fermented leaf cabbage. Kimchi is a traditional Korean dish loved by many. Now you might wonder what is the difference between kimchi and jjigae, the answer is simple, jjigae means stew. Kimchi jjigae can be stated as fermented stew dish.
The way to cook this dish is very easy. If you follow this recipe, you will have a incredible kimchi jjigae.
Check out the link below to learn how to cook kimchi jjigae
Firstly the ingredients you need are
6. Chili flakes
9. Black pepper
Steps to cook
1. Add sesame oil or any vegetable oil in a pan and heat it up.
2. Add kimchi, minced onion and garlic. Stir until the onions' colour changes.
3. After 2 minutes, add chili flakes and gochujang according to your spice tolerance.
4.Stir well until everything is mixed well.
5. Add kimchi brine and vegetable stock in the pan.Stir well. After 2 minutes turn off the stove.
6. Boil tofu and mushroom in different pan. Simmer it once it has cooked well.
1. Take a bowl, add soup in first, then add tofu and mushroom on top. That's it simple kimchi jjigae is ready to be served.