If you didn't eat this soup on your birthday, you are not considered as aged well. It's a tradition is South Korea. In the traditional method seaweed soup has seaweed, beef and seasoning.
Recently few months ago, I tried the seaweed soup but this time it had many varieties. There were seaweed soup with tofu, chicken, mutton and beef. Traditional seaweed soup has only beef and few vegetables. I give a try on tofu seaweed soup. It tasted almost exactly like the authentic seaweed soup.
I am going to share an easy seaweed soup recipe, you can use tofu, mutton or chicken if you want. I'm using beef in this recipe. Feel free to try other ingredients to replace mutton if you want.
1.Seaweed (Ottogi Cut Seaweed)
2. Beef ( cut in small pieces)
3. Soup soya sauce
4. Sesame oil
5. Black pepper
6. Soup soy sauce
8. Minced garlic
Steps to cook
1. Place the seaweed in a bowl of water.
2. On your stove and put in medium heat. Put the meat first then 1 tablespoon soup soya sauce and 1 teaspoon of sesame oil.
3. Continue with adding 1 teaspoon of black pepper. Then mix everything well.
4.Once the meat is well cooked (the redness is gone) add the seaweed in (filter the water out).
Precaution : If you are using tofu/tauhu you do not need to wait. Just add seaweed in the soup.
5. Add sesame oil again. Then continue adding 1 tablespoon minced garlic and enough amount of salt you want.
6.Add 1 tablespoon of soup soy sauce again.
That's all! The dish is ready!
You can eat seaweed soup with rice. It tastes delicious.