Korean Tofu Soup is basically the most easy soup to cook. During sahur time on fasting month you can cook it. It is very delicious and you can cook it in few minutes. Usually I do instant noodles when I'm hungry which clearly unhealthy. Nowadays, with this recipe I've learned few years ago I always cook this soup when I'm hungry. It is super quick, healthy and most importantly DELICIOUS .
It is not a very spicy as there is always a stereotype that Korean food are always spicy. Korean Tofu Soup contains Korean Soya bean Paste and Gochujang which makes the dish flavourful. Tofu is soya bean that is fermented. Tofu is also known as Taufu in SouthEast Asia.
Ingredients ( for 1 bowl)
1. Potato (1)
2. Tofu/tauhu ( 4 to 5 pieces)
3. Spring onion (2)
4. Onion (1)
5. Sesame oil (4 tablespoon)
6. Gochujang (1 tablespoon)
7. Soy Bean Paste (1 1/2 tablespoon)
8. Salt ( your preference)
1. First cut potato, tofu/tauhu , spring onion and onion.
Precaution- cut in big pieces. If you cut into small pieces it will break into even small pieces when you cook. So don't cut in small pieces.
2. In a pot, pour 4 tablespoon of sesame oil. Then add potato, spring onion and onion.
3. Mix it well and then add enough amount of water to make sure the potato and onion are well cooked.
4. After 10 minutes of boiling at 1 tablespoon of Gochujang and 1 1/2 tablespoon of Soy Bean Paste.
5. Make sure the soup is boiling well. Add tofu/tauhu and salt.
6. Boil it well again. And when all the ingredients are well cooked. Off the stove.
The dish is ready to be served!
The dish is super simple. Hope you get benefit from this recipe