Traditional food always have plenty of health benefits. None of us can deny the fact that most of the fast food, instant packet food and etc are very harmful for body. So intake of traditional food must be a mandatory in everyone's diet. Today, I am going to share health benefits of eating radish kimchi and it's recipe.
1. Lowers cholesterol level.
- Most of the food we consume has high calories. These calories will increase our cholesterol levels which will cause heart attack and stroke. To lower the cholesterol level naturally consume radish kimchi once a week.
2. Facilitates healthy body development and clear vision<
-A 100-gram serving of kimchi has 18% of the daily value of vitamin A, if we consider the 2,000-calorie per day diet. Aside from vitamin A being an antioxidant which can help get rid of free radicals in your body that cause cancer, the benefits of kimchi are not limited to this only. This same vitamin A is significant in developing a healthy body, including in embryos; it’s also helpful in the maintenance of clear and healthy eyesight.
Retrieved from https://www.seoul.com.sg/amazing-health-benefits-of-kimchi/
3. Makes your skin and hair shiny
-The garlic in kimchi has the vitamin to make your skin and hair shiny. The fermented vegetables makes your skin shiner. This can also be the secret for Korean's glass skin?
Now the recipe time...
Ingredients to need
- 1 kg Korean radish (2.5 pounds), or daikon radish, rinsed and skin peeled
- 3 stalks green onion (50 g / 1.8 ounces), rinsed
- 2 Tbsp raw sugar
- 2 Tbsp rock salt or Korean coarse salt
- 1/2 small brown onion (70 g / 2.5 ounces), skin peeled, cut into small pieces to blend
- 1/2 small red apple (50 g / 1.8 ounces), seed and core removed, cut into small pieces to blend
- 3 Tbsp Korean fish sauce , I used anchovy sauce
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 Tbsp minced ginger
- 4 Tbsp Korean chili flakes (gochugaru)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp rice flour
Steps to make Radish Kimchi
Cut the radish into medium sized cubes or according to your preferrence. Put the cubed radish into a large mixing bowl and add the sugar and salt then mix them well. Leave it for 1 hour in room temperature.
While waiting, chop the green onion into small pieces and make the Kimchi base. Blend the onion and apple with the fish sauce in a blender. (the volume of the fish sauce is according to your prefference). Make the rice porridge by mixing the water and the rice flour in a bowl and heating them up for 1 min in a microwave. It should give you a mildly runny porridge texture. Mix all the Kimchi base ingredients (*except for 2 Tbsp of Korean chili flakes) in a medium sized bowl.
After one hour, rinse the radish in cold running water a couple of times and drain excess water.
Put the radish into a clean mixing bowl and add 2 Tbsp of Korean chili flakes. Mix the chili flakes with the radish evenly. Add the chopped green onion and the Kimchi base and mix them evenly and thoroughly.
Move the seasoned radish into an air tight glass container and leave it at room temperature for between 6 to 24 hours depending on the temperature. After that keep it in the fridge.
Recipe retrieved from : https://mykoreankitchen.com/korean-cubed-radish-kimchi-kkakdugi/